Subject: Re: Betacam SP offloading
From: Andrew Hofman <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 1996 18:16:58 -0700

>The lease option
>is something I thought of, but I guess I would probably buy if I was going
>to make that payment.
>

It is commonplace to have leases where you purchase the equipment at the end
of the lease, should you wish. They are typically either a 10% buyout or a
$1 buyout. The 10% buyout allows lower monthly payments, but you have to
pony up a larger chunk of cash at the end of the lease (so you would pay
$1000 at the end of a $10,000 lease). With the second type, you literally
pay a dollar extra at the end of the lease and own the gear, but your
monthly payments are higher.

Andy Hofman
LumaQuest Productions           
Animation and Dual Raptor 3 Rendering  
[email-masked]
513-643-7333